Re: Cannot create database (Oracle 8.1.7 on Redhat 7.1)

From: Björn Nilsson <b.w.nilsson_at_telia.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 12:17:02 GMT

Hi!

I'm not totally sure about which glibc version RH 7.1 uses, but your problems seems like if you need to install the glibc patch from the oracle site.
Another tip is to unset the lang environment variable for the oracle user. I.e. "unset LANG". But I guess that you've already done that, as you managed to make the DBMS install in the first place. But that line has to be in the .bashrc of the oracle user as well. However, take a look at the SuSE website, where you'll find plenty of information on Oracle on Linux in general (and on SuSE in particular).

http://www.suse.de/en/support/oracle/index.html

and check the document for 8.1.7 on 7.1 or 7.2 (those are the SuSE version numbers).

//Björn