Newbie question: Multitreaded server

From: Miklo <miklo_22_at_xyz_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:22:01 +0200

Hi there,

I'm working on a project for school, a part of this project is to install a oracle 7.3.4 server on hp-ux. I've configured oracle as a server-based-database, because my clients are terminals connected to the server through tcp/ip. So all my clients first login into the hp-ux server and from there they accessing the database running on the same server. All the thinking is done by the server and there is no client software on the clients.

During the installation I've got this question "Would you like MTS (multithreaded server) configured and SQLnet listener automatically started?". Now my question is how does a client connect to the oracle server? in other words, how does it use sqlnet (does it internally connected with sqlnet and then connect to the listener and does it use MTS)?

Maybe you can help me because I haven't got a clearly "picture" of it.

Thanks,

Miklo. Received on Sat Oct 06 2001 - 07:22:01 CDT