Re: I'm doomed, right?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:07:05 +1000

Export can only be run against a database that is fully open. DBV can be run against any datafile, whether hot or cold, open, closed, or indifferent. A full database export will check everything; DBV can be used to check just a part of a data file (from block X to block Y). Export can't be applied to objects owned by SYS. DBV can check the entire SYSTEM datafile. Export can't check your backups, DBV can.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for OracleT: www.geocities.com/howardjr2000