Re: Is Date:

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2001 21:11:05 -0700

Both Connor and Sybrand's answers are good. The problem is that the date format has to be specified. I imagine what you expected is not what their answer gives you. I.e., it may be better you simply check the string passed in against all strings you're willing to accept as a date string, in more formats than Oracle supplies. So it's not an Oracle question. Perl is the best language.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com