Errors in Installing Oracle on Red Hat linux 6.2

From: FaheemRao <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2001 12:01:05 -0700

Hi All,

I am installing oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat Linux 6.2, I am very new to Linux.
during installation I get these messeges

"error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile
/oracle/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk"

after pressing retry button many times( did not help) , I press ignore and get another one

"error in invoking target nnfgt.o of makefile
/oracle/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk"

these two error apperead when Oracle installer says it is linking some thing.
and these two errors comes many times.

after ignoring all errors oracle installer says Oracle Installation and liking Successful.

Now when I try to Launch Server Manager(svrmgrl) linux give me this error.

"error loading shared libraries libwtc.so:cannot open shared Object
file
:no such file or directory exists"

So am I missing some thing in Linux Installation , I mean some shared libraries, or something else in Oralce installation is not right ?

any help would be appreciated.

Faheem Rao Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 14:01:05 CDT