Re: Java stored procedures. Are they slower than PL/SQL?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:39:58 +0100

Sybrand,

I 'love' the way it takes forever to even start in an X window. I hate it even more when I'm running it from the CD, and it takes about 5 mins from typing runInstaller to getting something on the screen to work with.
Then I cannot resize the windows to see where I have to type things, so I close it down and start again.
Eventually I get a window I can use, then I hit the NEXT button ........ and we have to do it all over again :o(

I always had a laugh at the first Java version of the OEM - it has a splash screen to show you something was happening while it loaded the real splash screen - how bad is than ?

I'm afraid (?) that I haven't yet heard that Dutch song sung by an ex-German and a marsupial to which you refer, nor can I pronounce the title.
Annoying songs always stay around for months - it's one of the unwritten fundamental laws of Nature.

Did you know that the best selling instrumental hit of all time, is the Birdie Dance which originated in Switzerland ? Sad isn't it ?

:o)

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar			EMail:	Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Database/Unix administrator	Phone:	0113 289 6265
				Fax:	0113 289 3146
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	URL:	http://www.Lynx-FS.com