Re: Oracle on NT vs. Unix

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 23:49:43 GMT

If you (your organization not you personally) don't have anyone familiar with the particular OS then choosing that OS would be a potential disaster no matter which is better.

You are going to have to give us some more requirements for what you need to do. Just running Oracle is not sufficient. OLAP, OLTP, how many concurrent users, etc. Budget considerations etc.
Jim