Re: database restoration

From: George <divined2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 12:28:13 -0700

pagesflames_at_usa.net (Dusan Bolek) wrote in message news:<1e8276d6.0110040000.2ba24c4f_at_posting.google.com>...

> divined2000_at_hotmail.com (George) wrote in message news:<e480c22a.0110031429.411336a7_at_posting.google.com>...
> > We had this Oracle 8.0.5 database, running under Windows 2000 Server,
> > whcih collapsed due to a system failure. Since the last backup was
> > rather old I had to copy all working database files (SYSEIK.ORA,
> > USEREIK.ORA, TEMPEIK.ORA, RBSEIK.ORA, LOG1EIK.ORA, LOG2EIK.ORA,
> > CTL1EIK.ORA, CTL2EIK.ORA with SID = EIK) from the direvtory
> > ORACLE_HOME\rdbms80. Which of the above files contains the actual
> > data. Is it possible to recover the database only using the files
> > above? I tried setting up a new Oracle installation. The services
> > oracleserviceEIK & oraclestartEIK have started witthout problem, but
> > when I use the servicemanager to startup the database I get the error
> > TNS:could not resolve service name. Since this is rather urgent any
> > help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> It seems to me that you have all your data. However you need some
> configuration files and parameters. You must have ORACLE_SID set to
> EIK and you need initEIK.ora file to start your database. Also for
> using your database you need properly configured LISTENER.ORA,
> TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA. This files were in
> $ORACLE_HOME\NET80\ADMIN.
> Because your database was not closed properly, there will be need for
> crash recovery after startup, since you have your redo logs available,
> this recovery should be succesful.
>
> --
>
> Dusan Bolek, Ing.
> Oracle team leader
>
> Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
> can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
> this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
> proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
> email.

I tried to execute the command lsnrctl start EIK and I get the following output :

Starting tnslsnr80: please wait...

Service OracleTNSListener80EIK start pending. Service OracleTNSListener80EIK started.
TNSLSNR80 for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production System parameter file is D:\orant\NET80\admin\listener.ora Log messages written to D:\orant\NET80\log\eik.log TNS-01151: Missing listener name, EIK, in LISTENER.ORA

Now the service OracleTNSListener80EIK has been created but not started. I list my listener.ora and tnsnames.ora for you.

Listener.ora

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= oracle.world)
) (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= EIK.world)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= EIK)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= EXTPROC0)
) (ADDRESS=
(COMMUNITY= NMP.world)
(PROTOCOL= NMP)
(SERVER= T-REX)
(PIPE= ORAPIPE)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= t-rex)
(Port= 1521)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= t-rex)
(Port= 1526)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= 127.0.0.1)
(Port= 1521)
)

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = 0 SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (GLOBAL_DBNAME = EIK)
      (SID_NAME = EIK)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = extproc)
      (PROGRAM=extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = EIK)
    )
  )
PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)

tnsnames.ora :

Beq-local.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = BEQ)
(PROGRAM = oracle80)
(ARGV0 = oracle80ORCL)
(ARGS = '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )
Tcp-loopback.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = 127.0.0.1)
(Port = 1521)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )
TcpExample.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = Production1)
(Port = 1521)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )
SpxExample.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = SPX)
(Service = Server_lsnr)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )
NmpExample.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = NMP)
(Server = FinanceServer1)
(Pipe = ORAPIPE)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )
CMExample.world =
  (DESCRIPTION=(address_list=
      (ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1610)(HOST=CM_SERVER))
(ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1521)(HOST=LSNR_SERVER)))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)) (SOURCE_ROUTE=yes)

  )
extproc_connection_data.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS =
        (PROTOCOL = IPC)
        (KEY = EXTPROC0)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = extproc)
    )
EIK.world =
  (DESCRIPTION=(address_list=
      (ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1521)(HOST=LSNR_SERVER)))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=EIK)) (SOURCE_ROUTE=yes)

  )

  )

Is there something I have missed there? Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 14:28:13 CDT