Re: archival mode

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:19:16 +0200

Sybrand,

> The commands you provide only stop *automatic* archiving, they *don't* stop
> archivelog in itself. For that you need to alter the database to
> noarchivelog.
> Please consult the Oracle Server Administrators Manual to verify this,
> your response is -sorry to say so- completely incorrect.

I'll forgive you ;-), but I didn't want to express that the mentioned commands stop archive log, I just wanted to give a hint how he can stop and start *automatic* archiving. I once had the urgent need to know it, looked into the reference and used it, so I thought he might be in the same situation. Sorry if I didn't understand his question or misinterpreted it.

Regards,

Knut Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 13:19:16 CDT