Re: Java stored procedures. Are they slower than PL/SQL?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:24:46 +0200

"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:F43F5B4264AED511A10F0008C7DBB60618D17B_at_leuler.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> Howard,
>
> nothing wrong in being a Java basher - I too follow the same path. Take,
> for example, the new Universal Installer - on my system it runs like a
> three legged dingo nailed to the floor, it appears with windows which
> have resized themselves so that the options and/or buttons are not
> visible, and it really gets my goat (feral or otherwise). Ditto the old
> Enterprise Manager and Tuning/Diagnostics pack - how I lament their sad
> demise into Java.
>
> On a more positive note, what do you want to know about "Vedic
> references to Lunar phase changes and their relationship to marsupial
> mating habits" ?
>

> :o)
>

> Norman.

> -----
> Norman Dunbar EMail: Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
> Database/Unix administrator Phone: 0113 289 6265
> Fax: 0113 289 3146
> Lynx Financial Systems Ltd. URL: http://www.Lynx-FS.com
> -----

Norman,

don't you just luv the unfolding (it is that slow) of the OUI background on an X-windows terminal?
I got almost out of my mind when I first saw that. Colour displays on X! No more crippled VT100 rectangles!

Oracle did it again! (And, boy it is sloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww)

Do you by any chance know the marsupial 70's dutch hit song 'Wij zijn twee vrienden, jij en ik'
sung by ex-German Dennie Christian and a marsupial? That was a *very annoying song* and it hit the hit scores for *weeks* not to say *months*

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 12:24:46 CDT