Denying ODBS connections or restricting those users

From: Jerra <jerra_at_aland.net>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 04:39:30 -0700

Are there any way of doing this? v$session to my knowledge does not store any information that could be used for this.

I could make a postlogon trigger that checked the program name that the user uses but that is not enough. Just to change the name of the exe file to bypass such a check.

My problem is users logging in via ODBC, some should be able to do this but not have access to the same tables they would have if they used the client program.
Using Excel & MS Query would enable the user to practically dump the schema to the client.....if they have the same rights as if using the client program.

This is dangerous...

Best Regards
Jerra Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 06:39:30 CDT