Cannot open DB (because corrupt Rman datafile)

From: Eric <h9515895_at_sinatown.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:38:39 +0800

Hi,

I have a 8i database and the Rman tablespace is within this database. Now, I had faced a fatal error. My datafile of Rman tablespace is corrupted. So, I cannot open my database.

When I startup the database, the database cannot open:

ORA-01122: database file 11 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 11: '/oracle/u01/oradata/prod/rman.dbf'
ORA-01251: Unknown File Header Version read for file number 11

Even, "alter tablespace Rman offline" and "alter database open" still cannot open. What can I do now?

I don't know how to drop the Rman database in "mount state"

Welcome to any suggestion

Thanks
Eric Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 22:38:39 CDT