Re: licience and reliablity? 'free download' from oracle site: Oracle Provider for OLE DB 8.1.7.2.0

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 05:49:51 +0200

"simon gu" <guxinhong_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ae637542.0110031855.14f2eae7_at_posting.google.com...
> hi,
> I downloaded "Oracle Provider for OLE DB 8.1.7.2.0 " at
> http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/ole_db/htdocs/utilsoft.htm,
> which is a public site. It just fit my oracle
> visual-basic-client/mid-tier needs against a production oracle
> database.
>
> It's a oracle client utility, which contains the following compoents:
> Oracle Provider for OLE DB 8.1.7.2.0 (full install)
> Oracle Services for MTS 8.1.7
> Oracle Client 8.1.7
> Oracle Installer 8.1.7
> Could I legitimately use all the componets and distribute them to my
> own applications on my end users' computers inside our company? It's
> freeware or shareware? Anyway, is it legal and technically reliable as
> opposed to using the offical cd packs from oracle? thkx

PLEASE, PLEASE,
read the license terms presented to you when you download the stuff, and please stop asking all kind of questions easily addressed by reading Oracle documentation.
Do you expect this group to act as your eyes?

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 22:49:51 CDT