Re: Oracle Instance On lInux

From: Jesus M. Salvo Jr. <jmsalvo_at_ihug.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:15:34 +1000

If you want to automate the startup and shutdown process, try the steps that I outlined here:

        http://homepages.tig.com.au/~jmsalvo/linux/oracle8i-4.html

It should still work with 8.1.7 and RedHat 6.2 ( cause I have one running at work ).

You may also want to automatically startup and shutdown the listener as well:

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~jmsalvo/linux/oracle8i-5.html#Automating Startup and Shutdown of Listener

HTH, John Salvo

FaheemRao wrote:

> Hi All,