database restoration

From: George <divined2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2001 15:29:13 -0700

We had this Oracle 8.0.5 database, running under Windows 2000 Server, whcih collapsed due to a system failure. Since the last backup was rather old I had to copy all working database files (SYSEIK.ORA, USEREIK.ORA, TEMPEIK.ORA, RBSEIK.ORA, LOG1EIK.ORA, LOG2EIK.ORA, CTL1EIK.ORA, CTL2EIK.ORA with SID = EIK) from the direvtory ORACLE_HOME\rdbms80. Which of the above files contains the actual data. Is it possible to recover the database only using the files above? I tried setting up a new Oracle installation. The services oracleserviceEIK & oraclestartEIK have started witthout problem, but when I use the servicemanager to startup the database I get the error TNS:could not resolve service name. Since this is rather urgent any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
George Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 17:29:13 CDT