9i Enterprise manager - no db restart

From: pklosky <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2001 17:11:26 -0500

In Oracle 8.1.6, I've been very happy with DBA Studio providing a mechanism to stop and start a DB. However, in Oracle 9i, the renamed DBA Studio, now Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), will only stop the DB. When you try to start it, it says "the db is not running," roughly. The only workaround I've found is to reboot the host to get the DB running again. This is a significant inconvenience. Anyone know how to start a Windows DB by any mechanism, including OEM?

Peter