Re: What combination of Solaris & Oracle?

From: Philip Brown <phil+s3_at_bolthole.no-bots.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:55:58 GMT

On Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:48:22 -0400, gburnore_at_databasix.com wrote:
>"I fear all I have done is awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a
>terrible resolve. --Admiral Yamamoto after the bombing of Pearl Harbor

Actually, there was a thread on sci.lang.japan or something, which claims what he said directly was "it does not do to cut a sleeping man's throat". Someone took some liberties in the translation, perhaps?

S.1618 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d105:SN01618:@@@D
The word of the day is mispergitude