Re: Flush Block Buffer Cache?

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:05:48 GMT

Well basically a checkpoint = flushing the dirty blocks to disk - so forcing a checkpoint is what you want...
A checkpoint occurs when :

1. a logswitch occurs (alter system switch logfile)
2. alter system checkpoint
3. put a tablespace offline (alter tablespace x offline)
4. put a tablespace in begin backup mode (alter tablespace x begin backup)
5. or if you shutdown the db (except shutdown abort)