Oracle Novell IP vs IPX

From: Ian Ledzion <ian.ledzion_at_lgxbow.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:24:59 +0200

Novell 5.1, Oracle 8.1.6. Our Novell network is being migrated from IPX to pure IP. We have tested a pure IP configuration, which is between 15% and 50% than under IPX. This is borne out through TNSPING, where response has dropped from 350ms to 550ms.

Does anyone have any experience or pointers as to where to look? Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 07:24:59 CDT