Re: Manual Managed Standby DB with Standard Edition?

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:02:47 +0200

On Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:18:55 +0200, Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote:

>Is it possible? I can convince the master database to

It certainly is. You have to take care op copying the archived log files, and give the standby database the proper recover commands. With a bit of programming this can be automated to happen regularly. Before copying you should switch logfiles on the production server. I use a switching interval of 15 minutes, but that will of course depend on your load, and how much data you are prepared to loose i the primary crashes completely (harddisk loss).

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 07:02:47 CDT