BDE admin. 5.01 configuration for Oracle

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:26:19 +0800

Dear all,

When connecting to Oracle database through BDE (Borland database engine) admin. 5.01, I know from experience the following settings should be changed: (under configuration->drivers->native->ORACLE) 1.DLL32: from SQLORA32.DLL to SQLORA8.DLL 2.VENDOR INIT: from ORA73.DLL to OCI.DLL If we don't change them, the connection will fail with the following errors:
a.Windows 98: Cannot load an IDAPI service library b.Windows 2K: vendor init error

I have tried these:
a.Oracle 8 client or Oracle 8i client
b.install Oracle client before or after BDE

Anyone knows why these changes are necessary? Thanks in advance.

Dino Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 04:26:19 CDT