Re: Can Oracle server be installed WIN-2K professional?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 19:00:06 +1000

First off, NT Workstation 4.0 happily supports an ageing 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition Oracle Server here, so the entire premise of your question is wrong.

Second, W2K Professional *is* the NT 5.0 Workstation. There aren't any other flavours. And Oracle 9 and 8 works fine on it, as I *think* you've discovered. No magic involved: it's always worked on Workstation (well, since 8.0.5 anyway).

Regards