Uploading a file into oracle8 via iis,asp,safileup,odbc??

From: Alexander <abauer_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:20:36 +0200

I need to upload a file to an oracle8-db (and later I need to get it out of the db again).

I found several entries in the newsgroups, but no working solution. Please help.

That is the code, I use in the upload.asp-file:

Set upl=Server.CreateObject("SoftArtisans.FileUp")

Set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") dsn="dsn=xxx;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx;"
rs.Open "SELECT data from tab_daten where id_tab_daten=5426",dsn,2,2 ' 2,3 upl.SaveAsBlob rs.Fields("data")
rs.Update
rs.close

The code should insert the binary data into the field "data", it is a blob. I use MS-ODBC for Oracle, Oracle8-db, IIS5, asp. I get different error-msgs:
- the odbc-driver doesnt support .....