Re: What combination of Solaris & Oracle?

From: Avonstar <rcniederberg_at_juno.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2001 20:18:53 -0700

Dear Raymond,
Oracle8I is solid, 9I (so I've heard) came out of beta only a little while ago (01/00)Either should be fine. Getting the latest version of Solaris is always a good idea (it has been stable for years and they just keep adding functionality.) Are you going to be using it for web based applications, or simply as a client / server database in house? If for web based EITHER 8I or 9I will work like a charm.

Best to you in your adventures --

Avonstar