log file sync

From: Ethan Post <Blah_at_Blah.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 02:19:26 GMT

I always thought log file sync waits primary cause was commiting too often. We have a few jobs that run during the day and this is the primary wait event. However during some of my testing regarding potential transaction rates for our server (see recent post) I wrote a script that inserts a record, commit's, deletes the record, commits for a large table. I am getting 140 MB of redo per minute and over 50,000 commits per minute but no log file sync's. Scratching my head on this one. The file layout is optimal. - E Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 21:19:26 CDT