Re: Oracle person learning SQL Server

From: Jay Valdez <jay_at_dontspamme.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:46:08 -0700

It has an evaluation version of the SQL Server in the cover.

Based on my limited experience with Oracle so far, I would say that it is conceptually the same. You might find some things you like (like the IDENTITY column not attached to a trigger) and some things you don't like. Some differences between Transact-SQL and PL/SQL but I haven't gotten too far into PL/SQL.

I think the SQL Server Books Online (standard SQL Server documentation) is pretty good documentation for SQL Server but it is easier to buy a starter book first.

Of course http://msdn.microsoft.com is pretty good source.

Jay