ora817 client access problems. Net8 test ok, but TNSPing does not work.

From: simon gu <guxinhong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2001 07:21:54 -0700

I tried to trace the activity on the client side. however, no *.trc found in the specified directory. by the way my db server is win2000 server. How to make tracing work on ora817 client?

now this time, please focus on the instance o1. another oberservation is: If I use sql*net 8.05 client to connect to oracle817eent server, everything (tnsping, sqlpus, etc ) works ok using just SID instead of global_nameon the client side. So questions are still in the client side. I need to make ora817 client work concerning the version compatibilities down the road. where do I need to pay attention to this stuff?

the two files are copies below. please comment.

thanks.

/********************sqlnet.ora**************************/
# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora81\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.
trace_level_client = 16
trace_directory_client = C:\oracle\ora81\network\trace
trace_unique_client = true

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME) SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = 4fhfguweotcadsfdsafjkdsfqp5f201p45mxskdlfdasf

/****************************listener.ora*********************************/
# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: c:\oracle\ora81\NETWORK\ADMIN\listener.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = goldfinger)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = goldfinger)(PORT = 2481))
(PROTOCOL_STACK =

        (PRESENTATION = GIOP)
        (SESSION = RAW)
      )