Correlation? init.ora: db_files and controlfile: maxdatafiles

From: Johannes Bavendiek <JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2 Oct 2001 07:14:45 -0700

Question for Oracle 8.0.4 and Oracle 8.1.7.

We have a large DB with 238 files, and it is still growing. The init.ora parameter DB_FILES is set to 254. It is easy to increase it (set to 1024 and restart DB).

But in the controlfiles there is a parameter MAXDATAFILES, also set to 254. Do I have to increase this also?
And how?

What is the correlation between db_files and MAXDATAFILES?

cu
Johannes Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 09:14:45 CDT