Re: Oracle re-nstall

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:50:03 +0200

"J. Fleck" wrote:

> I have been trying to re-install Oracle 8.1.7 for 2 weeks now on a Windows
> 2000 professional system. I have tried both the personal and enterprise
> editions without success. I am almost certain that after de-installing,
> Oracle does not completely clean up the Windows registry (there is probably
> a reason for this e.g migration of a database created under an earlier
> version).

<snip>
> oracle_home = E:\Oracle_po8
> Query returned : E:\Oracle_po8

<snip>

The above shows that you used to have Personal Oracle in e:\oracle_po8 If you want to delete *ALL* Oracle, do:
del (rm -r, or whatever) e:\oracle_po8 (or whatever oracle diry) regedit (or regedt32) and delete: HKLM\Software\Oracle. Oracle 8i (rather: Universal Installer) saves in Program files\Oracle - you can clean
that out, too.

But only if you want to remove *ALL* oracle.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel