Difference between synonym and materialized view

From: Ed Wong <ewong_at_mail.com>
Date: 1 Oct 2001 10:31:32 -0700

I need to have access(update, delete, insert, select) to a remote table through a database link. I am wondering should I create a synonym or materialized view(snapshot)?

If I create a local synonym through database link to the remote account which owns the tables, I will get all the permission which is very straight forward. Is there any reason to use a materialized view if I need access for the entire table, not part of table?

Thanks,
ewong Received on Mon Oct 01 2001 - 12:31:32 CDT