Re: IP package to small

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:37:20 +0200

"Frank Hölting" <fh_at_locton.de> wrote in message news:3bb82864$0$188$4d4ebb8e_at_read.news.de.uu.net...
> Hello together,
>
> I have programme a Java client base on a Oracle server (8.1.7.0.1).
> When the client call same SQL statments the server respose a lot of
> small IP package (1000). The package size are between 1 and 512 byte.
> The most are between 1 and 75 byte (90%). What can I do the the
> server send lage package. The MTU size of the OS is 1500 byte (eth).
> At a download the package are 90% 1500 byte.
>
> Frank

Java, as far as I know, doesn't support array fetch. If you don't use array fetch one record will equate one packet. The size of the packet in that case depends on the size of the record returned.
If you want to increase the packet size, you might want to select more data. No one ever stated that Java was going to increase efficiency and performance, if you really want that Developer still is your choice, or VB/VC with Oracle Objects for Ole, or Pro*/OCI.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Oct 01 2001 - 11:37:20 CDT