How Oracle datafiles are allocated physically on disk

From: CatherineE <catherine.ewington_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1 Oct 2001 08:34:29 -0700

Can someone please tell me how an Oracle datafile is allocated on a disk attatched to a HP unix Server? Assuming a newly formatted disk that is not used by anything. If I create a subdirectory /disk1/oradata/LIVE and then create a datafile of 2G. How contiguous can this be? What are the variations of how the datafile is allocated on disk?

Thanks. Received on Mon Oct 01 2001 - 10:34:29 CDT