Re: Reserved words, double quotes, triggers and Oracle

From: Aleksey Burdakov <burdakov_at_vesco.ru>
Date: 1 Oct 2001 08:03:52 -0700

> Try making a global edit so that all colnames and tab names become
> "O_" suffixed to the original string?

Could you garantee that in the nearest future Oracle won't make one of the prefixed words (e.g. "O_DATE") a _reserved_ word ?

You are right that I should change the table/column names somehow, but why should I do it at all ? What is the "right" way of write applications, which could be transfered from one DBMS to another quite easily ?

Aleksey Burdakov Received on Mon Oct 01 2001 - 10:03:52 CDT