heterogenous asynchronous replication AS400/DB2 -> Oracle NT

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 16:17:26 GMT

Hi

I have to setup a heterogenous asynchronous replication between AS400/DB2 (V4R4)
and Oracle 8.1.7 on NT. (DB2 -> Oracle)
I want to use Oracle Replication Services and Oracle Transparant Gateway for AS400/DB2.
I want fast refresh - not complete refresh - therefor I want to use IBM DataPropagator
on the DB2 side to capture changes and apply them on Oracle. Is there someone out there that has done this before - pls comment ? Are there any problems I should look out for ? Do I really need Oracle Transparant Gateway and Oracle Replications Services if I use IBM DataPropagator ?

Thanks
Koert Received on Sun Sep 30 2001 - 11:17:26 CDT