Re: SMON process running wild for last few days

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 08:34:26 +0100

Perhaps you ran out of space on /u01 because your temporary tablespace is using autoextend files and a process ran up a massive temp segment with a couple of hundred thousand extents, and smon has been trying to clear up the mess ever since.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.