Re: Anyone download 9i for NT/2000 in Australia?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 15:48:00 +1000

Yup (Sydney). Wouldn't exactly recommend it though. From WITHIN the Oracle firewall, it took two days! Damn thing kept dropping out on me (and once when Disk 2 was within 2Mb of finishing, sod it). I wouldn't have bothered except that I had a 9i New Features course to teach the following week, and the chapter on OEM enhancements looks a bit pathetic if all you've got to go on is a telnet link to a Solaris box without OEM installed on it!

But if you want to mail me to arrange a non-web distribution, feel free.

Regards