Re: oracle 8.1.7 installation

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 04:30:45 GMT

Alexandra,

most likely, the environment variable ORACLE_SID was not set. what method did you use to create the database create scripts, dbca? try using the Oracle Database Configuration Assistant and save the scripts to disk.
In the batch file, the first line should be

set ORACLE_SID= << the SID of the database that you entered

<drifting off-topic> edit them such that you use locally managed tablespaces, instead of dictionary managed.

hth,

Paul