Re: automatic disconnect from idle application ...

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2001 12:41:02 -0500

On 28 Sep 2001, s_poppel_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Can the ORACLE database automatically disconnect from an
> application that has been sitting idle for many hours or does
> this have to be set up using the timer initiated disconnect
> through Net8 configuration ?

You can manage this through a profile.

idle_time is the parameter to care about when creating or altering the profile you are going to use.

Then, alter your application's user to have this profile.

Here is documentation on managing resources through profiles. http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76956/users.htm#1148

Here is documentation on creating how to create profiles. http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a85397/statem21.htm#2065932

--
Galen Boyer
I have nightmares about Tinky Winky beating me with his red bag.