Re: Database refresh

From: Night Shade Books <jasonw_at_nightshadebooks.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:01:32 -0700

Koert,

  Much thanks for your help, and you hit the nail on the head.

  What I do is a restore (using RMAN) to a db called PRDIMG, and then shutdown PRDIMG and do a cold backup. The cause of all my problems, as I just figured out about 2 minutes before you posted, was that I forgot to shutdown PRDIMG before copying the files. Needless to say, I was having some well-justified consistency issues.

  Yeah, I'm a potatohead. I admit it.

  Anyway, thanks for the help. It's much appreciated. I was the junior dba in my shop, and they fired the senior dba about 3 months ago and terminated our onsite support contract. So our entire database support section now consists of... well, me. And that should scare anybody.

  Thanks,

  Jason Received on Sat Sep 29 2001 - 05:01:32 CDT