Re: Database refresh

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 08:45:50 GMT

Change the 'recover database' command at the end of the trace to 'recover database using backup controlfile' and then 'alter database open resetlogs' (might have to use until cancel because you open with resetlogs ..)
I usually throw those commands out and do the recovery myself ...

> ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
> ORA-01610: recovery using the BACKUP CONTROLFILE option must be done
--> you created a new controlfile - it can not be used anymore as a reference for the other datafiles - that's why you need to specify that it's a backup controlfile in the recovery command ... it does not mean you have to do
the 'alter database backup controlfile to trace' again !

cheers
Koert