Re: Rollback segment/tablespace growth problem

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 29 Sep 2001 23:21:55 GMT

Lawrence Simela <lsimela_at_mahalini.prestel.co.uk> wrote:
> Issue
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT rollback_seg_name SHRINK TO new_size;
> If you do not specify TO new_sized then it will be shrunk to OPTIMAL size or
> MINEXTENTS if OPTIMAL was not specified in storage clause
> hth
> lawrence

Hi,

I did it before seeing your post. It works. My next questions are: how to determine the optimal size, why rbs cannot shrink by itself and need to be done manually, if optimal size is set, what's the sql "alter rollback segment r01 shrink"?

Why designer2000 needs higher extension and causes rbs full recently?

Thanks.

--
Johnson Chow