Re: Strategy question for 24X7, how to do cold backups?

From: JimmyN1 <jimmyn1_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2001 20:34:36 GMT

I'd suggest that u mirror your datafiles. Then split the mirror, recover and mount to a database on another machine and shut it down.

We have raid 5 mirrored, so that when the mirror is broken off there is still redundancy. I've seen other sites use double mirrors. Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 15:34:36 CDT