Standby database as a reporting database ?

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2001 06:23:25 -0700

Greetings !

I am studying for the Backup & Recovery certification (Oracle 8i) and wonder if there are any means to make a standby database as a reporting database.

What I have read so far is that if you open the standby db, it gets out of sync from the production db and will not apply the archived redo logs anymore.

I cant be the only person thinking this is a waste of resources. There must be some ways to accomplish this. How is it in Oracle 9i ?

Thanks for any ideas.

/Christian Svensson Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 08:23:25 CDT