ora8.1.7 installation on SuSE 7.2

From: felix <mr.thanquol_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:49:31 +0200

hi,

I try to install Oracle 8.1.7 Server on SuSE Linux 7.2. All the pre-installation stuff is done
but if I start runInstaller it just gives me some output (environment-variables, etc. but no
error message!!). I had a look at the otn-webpage and found a patch for glibc, because they
had problems with the newest version of glibc but in the README it say:

"....Install Oracle8i as usual, but chose not to create a dabase ..." and that I have to use the patch after the installation, but I don't get there!!

Anybody a idea??

cheers

fe Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 07:49:31 CDT