ORA-01004

From: Vincent <vincent_thangaraj_at_cpr.satyam.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2001 02:56:18 -0700

Hi,
Ours is a Oracle forms WAN based application(v6.0) connecting to a oracle 8i(8.1.5, will be upgrading to Rel 3 shortly) Enterprise edition on windows NT using OS authentication. The application was working seamlessly until a while ago when there was a WAN outage and i have been getting the ORA-01004 error.
This is very peculiar as iam getting this error only when iam connecting via Oracle forms/sqlplus which is of version 8.0.6. Iam able to connect without any problems via an oracle client 8.1.5.To make things even more strange, the authentication seem to work for 8.0.6 when i map the database server in my explorer (Windows 98). Iam assured by the system's people that the client and the server domains are trusted. SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES is set to NTS on both the client(8.1.5 & 8.0.6) and the server (8.1.5). REMOTE_OS_AUTHENTICATION is set to FALSE. OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX is "". I ran a sql*net trace with TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = 16 and saw a PIPE_OPEN_FAILED condition just before the error ora-1004. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vincent. Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 04:56:18 CDT