Re: Restore

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 21:53:02 -0500

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, boess_at_mail.tele.dk wrote:

> The questions is: Is it possible to restore the database just
> having the datafiles and the archived redolog files? Do I need
> any files in the backup?

You also need the control files at time of backup.

> What is the procedure for restoring?

I suggest you download Howard Rogers pdf on this.

http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000/backup_and_recovery.htm

There are also numerous backup and recovery manuals. The definitive source for 8i is:
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76993/toc.htm

From your question, the most pertinent chapter of the above link seems to be,
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76993/performi.htm#14311

There are also numerous posts on google about this.

--
Galen Boyer
Everyone in town, now, they probably all agree,