Error: Ora12154-TNS:could not resolve service name

From: Najm Hashmi <najmh_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:19:03 -0700

Hi all,
I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 enterprise edition. This works fine. Then I installed Forms6i on a different Home i.e I have multilhomes. Then I followed the instructions to make sure i can use oracle forms through 8i. Individually, each component seems to work fine but I try to connect to database I get the following error: Error: ora12154-TNS:could not resolve service name. I read the docs and followed them but no success. Are there other docs I should read and try to correct it. I would really appreciate your help on this matter. By the way, I have installed 8i and forms on windows 2000 professional. One more things, the docs with forms6i says that I should install forms first then database server. Docs on line contradict it. I am not sure what to follow. Thanking you in advance for your help Regards,
Najm Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 21:19:03 CDT