Re: Connecting to OEM via browser - help!

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:00:06 GMT

If outside email addresses don't work most probably relaying on your smtp daemon is
disable ...

I have a GSM module attached to one of my unix boxes and a small java program monitoring the
unix mailboxes (/var/spool/mail/xxx) - in OEM I send email to one of the unix accounts and the java
program in turn detects this and generates AT commands so I get SMS messages when something happens.
Very cheap SMS gateway - I wrote it in a couple of hours and bought a 250$ Siemens M20 GSM terminal ... I
asked a company for a price to implement an SMS gateway just to do the things I just described ... it would have cost me 20000$ and they needed a seperate NT box to do it (duh?) - what a rip off ! :-)