Re: Oracle 9i for Windows NT/2000 available for download on technet

From: pklosky <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 17:11:21 -0500

The download from Oracle went reasonably well for the three disks. It was the typical day or two of trying over and over for each of the three CDs, but they all eventually could be loaded. I agree with the others that their server or bandwidth may be overloaded. Imagine their situation of sending the 1.2 GB files to every Oracle user worldwide at the same time. I know the management here had a keen interest in this release.

Overall, the install went OK, though I got a number of errors that I had to click OK on, such as "invalid username" and "java exception," at various points in the software install and db creation. The database is started and running, none the less.