personal oracle - oracle lite

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:59:22 +0100

As far as I remember,

Oracle lite doesn't let you export and import, so you can do cold backups of your data but no exports !

Personal Oracle does allow exp and imp, but many of the 'full' options are missing - partitioning, objects for example. (At least in PO 8.0.4 !)

It's been a while since we looked at O Lite, but we found the inability to imp/exp a major drawback and went for PO where required.

HTH. Norman.

Norman Dunbar			EMail:	Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Database/Unix administrator	Phone:	0113 289 6265
				Fax:	0113 289 3146
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	URL:	http://www.Lynx-FS.com